Problem report to Adobe (FrameMaker only)
You know already how to cope with this form? Jump right into it.
Instructions for newcomers
Before you set up a problem report to Adobe with this web-form , check available resources for a possible solution to your problem:
- Adobe knowledge base
- Shlomo Perets' list of known bugs at microtype.com with links to specific Adobe articles
- The archive of the US FrameUsers email list
- PDF zone discussions
Do not use this form for suggestions or feature request for future versions of FrameMaker. Use the Adobe Feature Request/Bug Report Form instead.
Why use this form?
- It is good practice, to set up problem reports according to approved rules.
- This form is modeled after IBM's Requirements Process, of which D+DD has deep knowledge.
- This is a stripped down version of the Adobe Feature Request/Bug Report Form featuring only FrameMaker. For other products or the server products of FrameMaker please consult the original Adobe form.
- This form gives you a more structured approach to the problem description. Before sending the pieces of the report are put together with separating headings.
Details about this form
Adobe normally does not send personal replies to bug reports. Adobe does, however, read each and every message. Adobe uses the information to improve their products and services. Your comments, suggestions, and ideas for improvements are very important to Adobe. Adobe appreciates you taking the time to send them this information.
Note: If you need technical support, please visit Adobe Support Home page for information about your support options. If you have a Product Activation issue or any other Customer Service related questions, please visit Adobe Customer Service page. If you are reporting a security-related problem or vulnerability involving an Adobe product, please use the Security Report form (in English).
Terms and Conditions
Please read the original Adobe statement on their Adobe Feature Request/Bug Report Form.
Using this form
- Fill in all the fields (fields named in red are mandatory. Use carriage returns only to separate paragraphs (lines wrap in the input text areas).
- If in doubt what to fill in,
- consult the hint links, or
- check with some sample problem reports.
- Check the contents for completeness and errors.
- Submit the form.
- You can not attach files to the generated e-mail. You may however provide an URL (link) to files on your server which may be accessed by anonymous FTP or by a browser without using a password.
- You may get no feedback at all. This is not bad behaviour of Adobe Support but some sort of safety measure: most time e-mail is not that well thought out...
- The error report is sentt to the same authorities as the original Adobe Feature/Bug Report
You will get a 'thank you' page from the web server to inform you that the contents was sent. A copy of the form contents is sent to the owner of the site daube.ch with the second submit button.
|Company / institution|
|FrameMaker version and build|
|Operating system version, service level|
|Title of problem (concise problem statement)|
Description of problem [Hint]
|Additional information [Hint]|
|Proposed solution [Hint]|
| After the confirmation by Adobe, please come
back to this form with the Back button of your browser
to allow for a second submit to the owner of the site.