Neither the manual nor the online help of FrameMaker contains a complete list of the commands and shortcuts. Shlomo Perets from Microtype did a great job in providing user friendly command summaries.
FrameMaker commands (the escape sequences) are platform independent. Since
most of them reflect the corresponding menu item they depend on the UI language.
For example, the command to insert a nonbreaking hyphen is
ESC - h
ESC - w (de) and
ESC - I (fr).
Purpose of this information
With the data provided in the tables you will
- find some functions you have missed (for example, come back from a hypertext jump),
- be able to better automate your work.
The configuration files (
.../mathcmds.cfg) provide information about:
- Menu label;
- Keyboard shortcut(s);
- Function code;
- Scope of the command
Not all of these elements are defined for all commands. The order of command categories is quite awkward in the file, but for better reference I did not change it. You may also find some of the German translations of mathematical symbol a little bit... but that was not my task.
Documentation about the commands can be found in the on-line manual Changing Setup Files. The platform specific math shortcuts
can be found in the platform specific commands file, e.g.
Although every possible care was taken to produce these tables, no guarantee about its correctness can be given by the editor.
The editor appreciates any notion of error to keep the table as correct as possible.
and FDK names en (FM-11p380), list generated by the itl script Report
This list includes also items from plug-ins and FrameScripts
- Commands (escape sequences) en (FM 9), list generated by the itl script Report FM commands
- Commands (escape sequences) en (FM 8), list generated by the itl script Report FM commands
- Commands (escape sequences) en, de, fr (FM 7) - sorted according to the english resource file.
- Commands (escape sequences) de (FM 5.5.6) - sorted by type
- Commands (escape sequences) en (FM 5.5.6) - sorted by type
- Math commands (escape sequences) de (FM 5.5.6)
- Math commands (escape sequences) en (FM 5.5.6)
Framescript to get a command list
Klaus Müller from ITL developed a FrameScript which generates the list of commands from your FM installation. You may ask him for a copy.