Clip art for diagrams and nomographs
You know clip art for various purposes, for example to create a layout of your office (furniture), draw a network topology (various hardware symbols) or illustrate your business graphics. But there is very little or nothing at all available for creating diagrams of some precision.
- The offering of D+DD provides a number of ready to use elements for this work:
- Linear scales and grids with various repetition patterns
- Logarithmic scales and grids with various unit length and adapted tic patterns
- Scales and grids for powers (2, 3) and roots (2, 3)
- Scales and grids based on sinus and tangents
- Projective scale and grid.
Example of a diagram created in 10 minutes using the clip art.
The high precision of the scales allow to create accurate nomographs (graphic computing):
A complete overview is given in this PDF (100 KB). Look at it with great magnification to see the quality of the scales and grids.
Although the original FM5 files can be opened by any later FM version, I have prepared them accordingly: FrameMaker 5, FrameMaker 6, FrameMaker 7, FrameMaker 8 (this last includes two eps files of additional sample diagrams).
Dispite the fact that the clip art was constructed with greatest care and accuracy it is provided by the author and contributor "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed.